Go Back   Legal Sports Betting Forum > News > Sports Betting News

User Name
Password Register

Old 12-19-2005, 10:05 AM

Default Favre is About the Only Reason To Watch Pack and Ravens

In another meaningless Monday Night Football game, the Green Bay Packers visit Baltimore to take on the Ravens. ABC has had little luck this year with matchups and this one looks no better. You can bet ABC can’t wait until next year’s flexible schedule.

Brett Favre is always worth watching, although this year his performance has drastically slipped. Favre has thrown 54 touchdown passes in 29 appearances on Monday Night Football and led the Green Bay Packers to victory 17 times. His top moment was his 4 TD performance in a 41-7 rout of Oakland, one day after the death of his father in 2003. "Well, obviously, the Oakland game has a special place in my heart because that's when Dad had passed away," Favre said. "The fact that we won and the way we won the game, and the fact we were playing for a shot at the playoffs, it meant a lot to us. I've been fortunate to play a lot of games on Monday Night Football," he said. "It's a great stage to play on."

This could also be Favre’s last Monday night game. "I haven't even fathomed that this would be his last Monday night game. It hasn't crossed by mind," Green Bay coach Mike Sherman said. "At this point in his life, he's probably in better shape than he has been in a couple of years. If I were him, I would find the question offensive."

"If I'm a fan, I'm not going to miss that game. I'm not going to miss the chance to watch one of the great players of all time come out and compete live," Baltimore head coach Brian Billick said. "I don't know if it will be his last game, but if it is, and you have a ticket and didn't go, you have no one to blame but yourself. You'll lie about it and say, 'Oh, I went. I saw Brett.' But you'll be a lying dog." Favre has never played in Baltimore, and the Packers haven't been in town since facing the then-Baltimore Colts in 1982.

"He can make all the throws, he can make the plays that other guys can't," Baltimore cornerback Samari Rolle said. "Everybody's watching; it will be a good test for us."
"I have a lot of family in town. I don't want him embarrassing me, so I'm going to bring my best game," Baltimore linebacker Terrell Suggs said. "Growing up, I watched him as a Minnesota fan. I've seen him make spectacular plays, but I'm definitely looking forward to playing against him. I want to tell my kids one day that, yeah, I sacked Brett Favre."